Job Title: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Student Support)
Salary: SCP3-4 £18,562 – £18,933,
pro rata £5,039 – £5,139
Hours: 12 hours per week – term time only
Closing Date: Tuesday 20 April 2021
Interviews: w/b Monday 26 April 2021
Purpose of the Job:
As part of NCW’s Admin Team, this role involves managing student records and use of software (eg SIMS and ncw-connect) as part of the College’s management systems. The role may also include covering Reception, word processing letters and documents, data entry and analysis, photocopying, filing and organising hospitality for meetings. This role is initially for 12 hours per week, but more hours may be available in the future.
- To provide administrative support for managing student leaver records.
- Archive student records, including
- Managing leavers records according to agreed NCW student record and data protection procedures,
- the use of software containing leaver records, e.g. SIMS, ncw-connect,
- the use of the Colleges document management systems.
- To undertake a range of other administrative tasks as part of the College administrative support team.
These will vary throughout the College year and may include covering reception, word processing letters and documents, data entry and analysis, photocopying, collating and filing, and organising hospitality/refreshments for meetings.
Equal Opportunities Statement:
NCW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is conditional on an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check.
NCW is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of students at the College. You are responsible for adhering to the College’s policies on Child Protection and for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people you come into contact with.
This job description will be reviewed annually and may be subject to amendment or modification at any time after consultation with the post holder. It is not a comprehensive statement of procedures and tasks but sets out the main expectations of NCW in relation to the post holder’s professional responsibilities and duties.
This document is to be read in the context of NCW Statement of Purpose, NCW Equal Opportunities Statement, and agreed policies of the NCW and the Conditions of Service as outlined in the individual employee’s contract.
How to apply
1. Download the Application Form below and save it to your computer.
2. To apply for this position you can either...