SCP 5 – 6, £19,312 – £19,698
Full time – 45 hours per week, term time only
Monday 29 November 2021 9am
INTERVIEWS WILL TAKE PLACE ON:
Thursday 2 December 2021
Purpose of the Job:
To provide a high standard of care to blind and vision impaired young people in a proficient and sensitive manner that will enhance their academic and social development.
- To assist in developing and delivering a comprehensive care programme appropriate to the age and understanding of the student. The programme will address living skills with the aim of the students becoming competent at carrying them out independently. This will involve, amongst others, skills-training in personal hygiene; nutrition and self catering; general skills required in managing money and personal safety.
- To administer medication and some medical procedures to students who require it. Training on the handling and administration of medication will be provided. Specific training for other medical procedures will be provided as necessary
- To assist in providing and encouraging access to a range of leisure pursuits.
- To participate in cooking meals for the students over weekends.
- To undertake household tasks as required.
- To assist in providing opportunities for students to develop socially into a mature and confident young person.
- To liaise with the staff team, parents and academic staff in order to achieve a comprehensive approach to the students’ development.
- To support the student in coming to terms with the effect of vision and other impairments.
- To maintain confidentiality on all matters relating to students, staff and the College.
- To attend regular supervision sessions and an annual appraisal by the Senior Houseparent.
- To ensure that records are kept in accordance with College requirements and current legislation.
- To be willing to undertake continued professional development.
- To attend staff meetings, student reviews and other meetings as requested.
Equal Opportunities Statement:
New College Worcester (NCW) is committed to becoming an equal opportunities organisation. It is committed to promoting equal opportunities and preventing discrimination. This policy applies both to service delivery and to its own employment practices. You will be willing and able to demonstrate commitment to NCW’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
NCW is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of students at the College. You are responsible for adhering to the College’s policies on Child Protection and for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people you come into contact with.
This job description will be reviewed annually and may be subject to amendment or modification at any time after consultation with the post holder. It is not a comprehensive statement of procedures and tasks but sets out the main expectations of NCW in relation to the post holder’s professional responsibilities and duties.
This document is to be read in the context of NCW Statement of Purpose, NCW Equal Opportunities Statement, and agreed policies of the NCW and the Conditions of Service as outlined in the individual employee’s contract.
How to apply
1. Download the Application Form below and save it to your computer.
2. To apply for this position you can either...