NCJ Scale 5, SCP 12-17 £22,183 – £24,491
Pro rata salary for 23/37hrs term time only: £11,542 – £12,743
23hrs term time only
Thursday 23rd September 2021
INTERVIEWS WILL TAKE PLACE ON:
Wednesday 29 September 2021
Purpose of the Job:
- To deliver lessons prepared by teaching staff to groups of students with a vision impairment when teaching staff have planned or unplanned absence.
- To undertake a range of activities to support the education and well being of NCW students, when not engaged in cover work.
- Co-ordinating the requests for planned and emergency cover.
- Liaising with staff regarding the work to be done by students during staff absence.
- Deliver planned lessons to groups of students.
- Working with teaching staff to develop a bank of cover resources and a resourced room to act as a base for cover lessons.
- Contribute to the ongoing education and well being of students by supporting teaching and other staff in a range of activities in class or in preparing resources or other similar tasks.
- Contribute to the high quality of displays in classrooms and corridors.
- Any other duties commensurate with the nature of the post and under the reasonable direction of the Principal.
Equal Opportunities Statement:
New College Worcester (NCW) is committed to becoming an equal opportunities organisation. It is committed to promoting equal opportunities and preventing discrimination. This policy applies both to service delivery and to its own employment practices. You will be willing and able to demonstrate commitment to NCW’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
NCW is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of students at the College. You are responsible for adhering to the College’s policies on Child Protection and for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people you come into contact with.
This job description will be reviewed annually and may be subject to amendment or modification at any time after consultation with the post holder. It is not a comprehensive statement of procedures and tasks but sets out the main expectations of NCW in relation to the post holder’s professional responsibilities and duties.
This document is to be read in the context of NCW Statement of Purpose, NCW Equal Opportunities Statement, and agreed policies of the NCW and the Conditions of Service as outlined in the individual employee’s contract.
How to apply
1. Download the Application Form below and save it to your computer.
2. To apply for this position you can either...