NJC SCP 1-2; £17,842 – £18,198;
Pro rata salary: £6,372 – £6,500.
15 hours per week, term time, plus 10 days during college holidays
Monday 20 September 2021
INTERVIEWS WILL TAKE PLACE ON:
Week beginning Monday 20 September 2021
Purpose of the Job:
To clean in designated areas within the main College and / or the student accommodation
- Clean the rooms and the equipment in your designated areas: vacuum all areas, empty waste paper bins, mop and wipe all surfaces, polish all furniture, clean baths, showers, toilets, hand basins, clean glass on doors and windows, as per area work procedure, using mechanical floor cleaning equipment as required.
- In the student accommodation launder student personal clothing and household linen; and other associated tasks as directed by your Line Manager
- Report any faults found to your Line Manager.
- Carry out deep cleaning during school holidays (if working), particularly at Easter and summer, as per rota.
- Replace and order cleaning materials and equipment.
- To adhere to New College Worcester’s Policies and Procedures.
- Any other duties commensurate with the nature of the post, and under reasonable direction of the Principal.
- To ensure all Legal and Healthy and Safety requirements are met.
- To attend staff and Housekeeping meetings.
- To attend training, as required.
Equal Opportunities Statement:
New College Worcester (NCW) is committed to becoming an equal opportunities organisation. It is committed to promoting equal opportunities and preventing discrimination. This policy applies both to service delivery and to its own employment practices. You will be willing and able to demonstrate commitment to NCW’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
NCW is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of students at the College. You are responsible for adhering to the College’s policies on Child Protection and for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people you come into contact with.
This job description will be reviewed annually and may be subject to amendment or modification at any time after consultation with the post holder. It is not a comprehensive statement of procedures and tasks but sets out the main expectations of NCW in relation to the post holder’s professional responsibilities and duties.
This document is to be read in the context of NCW Statement of Purpose, NCW Equal Opportunities Statement, and agreed policies of the NCW and the Conditions of Service as outlined in the individual employee’s contract.
How to apply
1. Download the Application Form below and save it to your computer.
2. To apply for this position you can either...