SCP 1-2; £17,842 – £18,198; pro rata for 10hrs per week: £2,893 – £2,951
6 hrs on Sundays, 28wk per year, + 4hrs to be worked during the week
Monday 28 June 2021
INTERVIEWS WILL TAKE PLACE ON:
Week beginning Monday 3 July 2021
Purpose of the Job:
We are looking to appoint a Domestic Assistant to join our Domestic Team to clean in designated areas within the main College and / or the student accommodation for six hours on Sundays. You will also be required to work four hours during the week, over two days
1. Clean the rooms and the equipment in your designated areas: vacuum all areas, empty waste paper bins, mop and wipe all surfaces, polish all furniture, clean baths, showers, toilets, hand basins, clean glass on doors and windows, as per area work procedure, using mechanical floor cleaning equipment as required.
2. In the student accommodation launder student personal clothing and household linen; and other associated tasks as directed by your Line Manager
3. Report any faults found to your Line Manager.
4. Carry out deep cleaning during school holidays (if working), particularly at Easter and summer, as per rota.
5. Replace and order cleaning materials and equipment.
6. To adhere to New College Worcester’s Policies and Procedures.
7. Any other duties commensurate with the nature of the post, and under reasonable direction of the Principal.
8. To ensure all Legal and Healthy and Safety requirements are met.
9. To attend staff and Housekeeping meetings.
10. To attend training, as required.
Equal Opportunities Statement:
NCW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is conditional on an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check.
NCW is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of students at the College. You are responsible for adhering to the College’s policies on Child Protection and for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people you come into contact with.
This job description will be reviewed annually and may be subject to amendment or modification at any time after consultation with the post holder. It is not a comprehensive statement of procedures and tasks but sets out the main expectations of NCW in relation to the post holder’s professional responsibilities and duties.
This document is to be read in the context of NCW Statement of Purpose, NCW Equal Opportunities Statement, and agreed policies of the NCW and the Conditions of Service as outlined in the individual employee’s contract.
How to apply
1. Download the Application Form below and save it to your computer.
2. To apply for this position you can either...