Job Title: DOMESTIC ASSISTANT (TEMPORARY) (D130/0920)
Salary: SCP1-2; £17,364 – £17,711.
pro rata for 8 hours: £3,142 – £3,205;
Hourly rate: £9.00 – £9.18
Hours: 8 hours per week – 4 hours per day, Saturday and Sunday, (morning, 11.00 onwards).
These positions are term time only, and temporary for a 12-month contract.
Closing Date: 12pm, Wednesday 23 September 2020
INTERVIEWS WILL TAKE PLACE ON:
Friday 25 September 2020.
Purpose of the Job:
We are looking to appoint a Domestic Assistant to join our Domestic Team to clean in designated areas within the main College and / or the student accommodation over the weekend.
- Clean the rooms and the equipment in your designated areas: vacuum all areas, empty waste paper bins, mop and wipe all surfaces, polish all furniture, clean baths, showers, toilets, hand basins, clean glass on doors and windows, as per area work procedure, using mechanical floor cleaning equipment as required.
- In the student accommodation launder student personal clothing and household linen; and other associated tasks as directed by your Line Manager
- Report any faults found to your Line Manager.
- Carry out deep cleaning during school holidays, particularly at Easter and summer, as per rota.
- Replace and order cleaning materials and equipment.
- To adhere to New College Worcester’s Policies and Procedures.
- Any other duties commensurate with the nature of the post, and under reasonable direction of the Principal.
- To ensure all Legal and Healthy and Safety requirements are met.
- To attend staff and Housekeeping meetings.
- To attend training, as required.
Equal Opportunities Statement:
NCW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is conditional on an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check.
NCW is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of students at the College. You are responsible for adhering to the College’s policies on Child Protection and for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people you come into contact with.
This job description will be reviewed annually and may be subject to amendment or modification at any time after consultation with the post holder. It is not a comprehensive statement of procedures and tasks but sets out the main expectations of NCW in relation to the post holder’s professional responsibilities and duties.
This document is to be read in the context of NCW Statement of Purpose, NCW Equal Opportunities Statement, and agreed policies of the NCW and the Conditions of Service as outlined in the individual employee’s contract.
All criteria are essential unless otherwise stated.
Specialist knowledge and experience
- Experience of cleaning communal and private areas
- Knowledge of cleaning routines
- Basic knowledge/awareness of Health and Safety regulations
Health and Safety Skills
- Ability to clean areas of the college in a safe and hygienic manner
- Ability to work in accordance with Health and Safety Regulations, to include wearing protective clothing provided
- Ability to work effectively, following basic instructions and with minimum supervision.
- Ability to develop effective and supportive relationships with colleagues.
- Able to remain calm and self-controlled under pressure
- Ability to understand and demonstrate commitment to New College Worcester’s Equal Opportunities Policy and to ensure all activities are consistent with the Equal Opportunities Policy. This includes all staff activities and their interface with the general public.
- Appointment is subject to two satisfactory/verified references, a medical questionnaire and an Enhanced DBS Disclosure and Registration.
How to apply
1. Download the Application Form below and save it to your computer.
2. To apply for this position you can either...