SCP 18-22; £24,982 – £27,041;
pro rata: £22,561 – £24,421
Term time only: 37 hours per week + 15 days during College holidays
12pm Wednesday 1 September 2021
INTERVIEWS WILL TAKE PLACE ON:
Week beginning Monday 6 September 2021
Purpose of the Job:
To support the work of the Strategic Lead: Business and Finance with financial and premises management.
- Providing direct support to the SL: Business and Finance in all matters relating to the financial management of the College.
- Managing the purchase ledger using FMS including paying creditors.
- Raise Purchase Orders on FMS and follow up outstanding purchase orders.
- Monthly reconciliation of bank account and petty cash.
- Producing and analysing monthly control account reports for the SL: Business & Finance for authorisation ensuring that the accounts balance or any discrepancies are investigated and resolved.
- Ensuring that FMS is kept accurate and up to date for the production of financial information. This includes budget entry, updating suppliers, journals and carrying out a daily back up.
- Managing the sales ledger, including raising invoices and credit notes, chasing for prompt payment and proactively seeking supplier purchase orders.
- Ensuring that all income is receipted and applied to the correct cost centres using FMS including counting and banking of income.
- Process credit card statements. Check receipts and Budget Holder approval and post to appropriate cost centre.
- Producing reports from FMS as requested.
- Assisting with the preparation of month and year end accounts and supporting the annual audit process.
- Generate and process journals for payroll and pensions.
- Maintain a daily cash flow forecast.
- Managing the Finance Assistant including annual performance management.
- Deputise for the SL: Business & Finance on matters of payroll and pensions including P11d’s.
- Support the SL: Business & Finance with the management of the site.
- Book and liaise with contractors.
- Source and order equipment and materials for College and residential accommodation.
- Book regular servicing contractors.
- Ensure Premises and Domestic staff training is booked, attended and up to date.
- Regularly audit Premises weekly and monthly checks to ensure compliance.
- Maintain premises management system to ensure compliance.
- Support the SL: Business & Finance with the management of Health and Safety.
- Log Accident and Near Miss forms.
- Ensure annual H&S training is booked, recorded and checked
- Support the HR function with Recruitment.
- Provide occasional Reception cover.
- Adhere to the College’s policies and procedures and attend College meetings and training.
- Be a part of the improvement of the College including suggesting changes to increase accuracy, efficiency or cost reductions.
- Any other duties commensurate with the nature of the post and under the reasonable direction of the SL: Business & Finance.
Equal Opportunities Statement:
New College Worcester (NCW) is committed to being an equal opportunities organisation. It is committed to promoting equal opportunities and preventing discrimination. This policy applies to both its service delivery and its own employment practise. You will be willing and able to demonstrate commitment to NCW’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
NCW is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of students at the College. You are responsible for adhering to the College’s policies on Child Protection and for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people you come into contact with.
This job description will be reviewed annually and may be subject to amendment or modification at any time after consultation with the post holder. It is not a comprehensive statement of procedures and tasks but sets out the main expectations of NCW in relation to the post holder’s professional responsibilities and duties.
This document is to be read in the context of NCW Statement of Purpose, NCW Equal Opportunities Statement, and agreed policies of the NCW and the Conditions of Service as outlined in the individual employee’s contract.
How to apply
1. Download the Application Form below and save it to your computer.
2. To apply for this position you can either...