Grade 4 SCP 7-11 £20,092 – £21,748 (pro rata: £11,960 – £12,946)
Full time – 25 hours per week, term time only, plus 10 days holiday working
Tuesday 10th August 9am
INTERVIEWS WILL TAKE PLACE ON:
Week beginning Monday 16 August 2021
Purpose of the Job:
To raise unrestricted funds for the College and to support the Head of Fundraising to ensure the successful operation of the Fundraising Department.
This role will work to strengthen the relationship with alumni, parents, staff and Governors, Volunteers, local businesses and other fundraising stakeholders.
- Organise and run fundraising events and challenges eg Skydive, 3 Peaks Challenge, London Marathon.
- Build a team of volunteers to support the work of the fundraising department.
- Work independently on community engagement projects to increase support with local businesses and groups.
- Manage the fundraising database ensuring donations and communications are recorded promptly and accurately.
- Complete applications to grant making organisations for low value unrestricted funding.
- Work to increase the quantity and quality of contacts on the database.
- Engage with students’ families, including taking an active role in the Parent’s Fundraising Forum.
- Attend networking events, Work with the Head of Fundraising with research into Major Donors and potential grant applications.
- Further develop links with our Alumni, increase the number of former students signed up to ncw-connect and take an active role in the organisation of the annual reunion.
- Provide support in all areas of the department and play a leading role in building and strengthening relationships with our supporters and potential donors, through organising and managing events, instigating communications and running smaller campaigns. The role will also involve playing a significant part in raising the profile of NCW.
- Cultivate relationships with stakeholders to enable the College to benefit from their influence, contacts, expertise, voluntary help and financial support.
- Raise awareness of NCW through social media. Write regular copy and manage fundraising social media channels, regularly update fundraising and events pages on the website.
- Ensure donors receive timely, correct and personal acknowledgements of their donations and pledges.
- Liaise with eligible donors to ensure we have up to date Gift Aid declarations and to deputise for the Head of Fundraising with the Gift aid submissions.
- Assist in identifying potential major donors, including wealthy individuals and trusts.
- Carry out any other duties within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the post and its grading as requested by the Head of Fundraising or Senior Leadership Team.
- Deputise for the Head of Fundraising.
- Any other duties commensurate with the nature of the post and under the reasonable direction of the Principal.
Equal Opportunities Statement:
New College Worcester (NCW) is committed to becoming an equal opportunities organisation. It is committed to promoting equal opportunities and preventing discrimination. This policy applies both to service delivery and to its own employment practices. You will be willing and able to demonstrate commitment to NCW’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
NCW is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of students at the College. You are responsible for adhering to the College’s policies on Child Protection and for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people you come into contact with.
This job description will be reviewed annually and may be subject to amendment or modification at any time after consultation with the post holder. It is not a comprehensive statement of procedures and tasks but sets out the main expectations of NCW in relation to the post holder’s professional responsibilities and duties.
This document is to be read in the context of NCW Statement of Purpose, NCW Equal Opportunities Statement, and agreed policies of the NCW and the Conditions of Service as outlined in the individual employee’s contract.
How to apply
1. Download the Application Form below and save it to your computer.
2. To apply for this position you can either...