Scale 1, SCP 1 – 2, £18,333 – £18,516
pro rata £7,257 – £ 7,330
17.5 hours per week (15.45 – 19.15), term time only
10.00am Wednesday 7 September 2022
INTERVIEWS WILL TAKE PLACE ON:
Week beginning Monday 12 September 2022
Purpose of the Job:
- To complete duties in the kitchen and service areas as directed that are necessary to ensure an efficient, hygienic service.
- To transport all food items, cleaning materials and laundry from the delivery areas to kitchen store rooms and to kitchen preparation areas as required.
- Responsible for the cleaning of kitchen floors, walls, waste bins, hot plates, kitchen equipment, canopies, delivery areas, storerooms, fridges and all other areas as necessary to ensure that the kitchen and service areas are hygienic.
- To clean, wash and dry all kitchen equipment and service items.
- Responsible for the correct disposal and recycling of all rubbish.
- Maintain a professional and friendly image.
- Work effectively with all colleagues to ensure excellent service.
- Attend to student needs in a polite and helpful manner, provide assistance where necessary and to respond appropriately to any queries or complaints taking responsibility to resolve where necessary.
- Check all stock against delivery orders and ensure correct items and quantity are delivered.
Health and Safety:
- To understand and comply with statutory health, hygiene, safety and quality standards and to ensure that all tasks are carried out in accordance with these standards.
- Complete COSHH and Food Hygiene training.
- Wear the correct uniform and safety shoes and maintain uniform items appropriately.
- Ensure kitchen areas meet the highest possible cleanliness standard
- Report any equipment and/or building fabric faults and any hygiene, health and safety hazard to the Chef Manager/Premises Team/Strategic Lead Business and Finance.
- To adhere to NCW Policies and Procedures.
- To ensure all Legal and Health & Safety requirements are met.
- Any other duties commensurate with the nature of the post and under the reasonable direction of the Principal.
Equal Opportunities Statement:
NCW is committed to becoming an equal opportunities organisation. It is committed to promoting equal opportunities and preventing discrimination. This policy applies both to service delivery and to its own employment practices. You will be willing and able to demonstrate commitment to NCW’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
NCW is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of students at the College. You are responsible for adhering to the College’s policies on Child Protection and for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people you come into contact with.
This job description will be reviewed annually and may be subject to amendment or modification at any time after consultation with the post holder. It is not a comprehensive statement of procedures and tasks but sets out the main expectations of NCW in relation to the post holder’s professional responsibilities and duties.
This document is to be read in the context of NCW Statement of Purpose, NCW Equal Opportunities Statement, and agreed policies of the NCW and the Conditions of Service as outlined in the individual employee’s contract.
How to apply
1. Download the Application Form below and save it to your computer.
2. To apply for this position you can either...