NJC Scale2, SCP 3-4: £18,562 – £18,933 (pro rata £15,642 – £15,955)
37 hours per week – term time only, plus 9 hours in summer holiday to cover exam result periods
9am Monday 27 September 2021
INTERVIEWS WILL TAKE PLACE ON:
Wednesday 29 September 2021
Purpose of the Job:
To act as the initial point of contact for visitors and telephone calls to New College Worcester (NCW). To ensure that a welcoming, friendly, approachable and professional image is portrayed to all who contact the College. To provide additional administrative support as required.
- Respond to and manage all incoming external and internal telephone calls.
- Act as the initial point of contact for all visitors to the College ensuring a polite, friendly and supportive image is presented to all callers and visitors.
- Ensure that all visitors, staff and students are appropriately signed in and out of the College and are provided with appropriate identification as part of the management of campus security.
- Fire alarm and lockdown duties as specified in the NCW Health & Safety Policy.
- Receive incoming goods and parcels from independent carriers and ensure that they are logged and distributed appropriately and securely.
- Ensure all outgoing post conforms to current Post Office charges taking account of size and weight restrictions.
- Deal with parent communication by post and email.
- Manage franking machine, including issues and supplies.
- Administer Brown House B&B bookings.
- Manage taxi bookings.
- Manage lunch orders and stamp sales.
- Deal with petty cash associated with these duties.
- Deal with photocopier issues and manage supplies and service calls.
Equal Opportunities Statement:
New College Worcester (NCW) is committed to being an equal opportunities organisation. It is committed to promoting equal opportunities and preventing discrimination. This policy applies to both its service delivery and its own employment practise. You will be willing and able to demonstrate commitment to NCW’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
NCW is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of students at the College. You are responsible for adhering to the College’s policies on Child Protection and for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people you come into contact with.
This job description will be reviewed annually and may be subject to amendment or modification at any time after consultation with the post holder. It is not a comprehensive statement of procedures and tasks but sets out the main expectations of NCW in relation to the post holder’s professional responsibilities and duties.
This document is to be read in the context of NCW Statement of Purpose, NCW Equal Opportunities Statement, and agreed policies of the NCW and the Conditions of Service as outlined in the individual employee’s contract.
How to apply
1. Download the Application Form below and save it to your computer.
2. To apply for this position you can either...