SCP12-17 – £22,183 – £24,491
plus sleep in payment of £37.07 per night.
45 hours per week (term time only) plus sleep-ins
12pm Monday 14 June 2021
INTERVIEWS WILL TAKE PLACE ON:
W/C 21 June 2021
Purpose of the Job:
We are seeking to employ an enthusiastic member of staff to provide a high standard of care to students with a vision impairment, in a proficient and sensitive manner that will enhance their academic and social development. Direct contact with the students involves developing and delivering care programmes appropriate to their age and understanding.
You will be working in shifts over four days to include mornings, days and evenings in the Sixth Form Hostel and student boarding houses, and sleep-ins (for which an extra payment is made). This position is term time only.
- To assist in developing and delivering a comprehensive care programme appropriate to the age and understanding of the student. The programme will address living skills with the aim of the students becoming competent at carrying them out independently. This will involve, amongst others, skills-training in personal hygiene; nutrition and self catering; general skills required in managing money and personal safety.
- To assist in providing and encouraging access to a range of leisure pursuits.
- To assist in providing opportunities for students to develop socially into a mature and confident young person.
- To liaise with the staff team, parents and academic staff in order to achieve a comprehensive approach to the students’ development.
- To provide opportunities for students to develop socially into mature and confident young people.
- To support the student in coming to terms with the effect of vision and other impairments.
- To maintain confidentiality on all matters relating to students, staff and the College.
- To attend regular supervision sessions and an annual appraisal by the Hostel Manager.
- To ensure that records are kept in accordance with College requirements and current legislation.
- To be willing to undertake continued professional development.
- To attend staff meetings, student reviews and other meetings as requested.
- This job description cannot be considered to be exhaustive and other duties not included may arise which you will be expected to fulfil. The additional duties will be determined by circumstance and/or as requested by your Line Manager.
- Any other duties commensurate with the nature of the post and under the reasonable direction of the Principal, SL: Student Wellbeing, Deputy Head of Care / Sixth Form Hostel Manager
Equal Opportunities Statement:
NCW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is conditional on an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check.
NCW is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of students at the College. You are responsible for adhering to the College’s policies on Child Protection and for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people you come into contact with.
This job description will be reviewed annually and may be subject to amendment or modification at any time after consultation with the post holder. It is not a comprehensive statement of procedures and tasks but sets out the main expectations of NCW in relation to the post holder’s professional responsibilities and duties.
This document is to be read in the context of NCW Statement of Purpose, NCW Equal Opportunities Statement, and agreed policies of the NCW and the Conditions of Service as outlined in the individual employee’s contract.
How to apply
1. Download the Application Form below and save it to your computer.
2. To apply for this position you can either...