PO6, SCP48-51 (£56,579 – £59,946)
Full time – 45 hours per week, term time only
Monday 5 July 2021 9am
INTERVIEWS WILL TAKE PLACE ON:
Thursday 8 July 2021
Purpose of the Job:
To support the Principal in providing leadership and management of the College to achieve high standards in all areas by establishing a culture that promotes excellence, equality, independence and high expectations of all students within a safe environment.
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), the Strategic Lead (SL:) for Student Wellbeing works closely with the Principal in executive decision making and sharing executive commitments where appropriate, particularly in respect of the strategic development and policy of the College.
The Strategic Lead for Student Wellbeing is responsible for ensuring outstanding residential and pastoral care is provided across the College. They will lead and support all staff, including teachers and care staff to ensure strong communication and consistency across the provision.
- Work with the SLT and Governors in designing and implementing the strategic direction of the College – and the development of policy to ensure the outcomes of the Strategic Implementation plan are achieved.
- Model NCW’s aims and ethos in all decision making and actions.
- Ensure the strategic vision and future plans for the College are clearly articulated, shared, understood and acted upon effectively by all.
- Lead the strategic development of residential care.
- Lead the College’s work on Safeguarding as the Designated Safeguarding Lead.
- Lead student wellbeing and care in the residential setting and across the College day. Maintain effective collaborative working between teaching and care staff.
- Support staff in providing a healthy environment, promoting positive physical and mental health.
- Establish high expectations amongst students of excellent standards of conduct and behaviour, promoting respect for themselves, staff and each other.
- Lead the cross-College work on anti-bullying, Social, Moral, Spiritual and Cultural provision and the Prevent agenda.
- Ensure the Activities programme is ambitious, exciting and fit for purpose. To act as Educational Visits Co-ordinator.
- Work with the SL: VI Education, in ensuring the additional curriculum is delivered successfully through the residential work of the College.
- Lead and co-ordinate the College’s work on student and parent voice, including leading the student committees, the parents’ forum and other communication with parents.
- Lead the support for staff wellbeing.
- Keep abreast of current developments and thinking in the areas of education, care, VI and SEN. Foster your own professional development.
- Provide professional advice to the Governing Body as appropriate and contribute to its effective functioning.
- Service and provide professional advice and topical agenda that informs the Governors of key issues and facilitates appropriate decision making.
- Work with the senior care staff to ensure the residential houses are appropriately led and managed, ensuring that all students are cared for and supported by a team of trained care staff, following the guidelines laid down by all legislation. To ensure that appropriate care plans are organised for each student.
- Ensure effective budgetary management of all Care budgets.
- Liaise with parents and other professionals about the care students receive. Promote good communication with parents from all staff.
- Develop, monitor and review policies, particularly in relation to the responsibilities of the post.
- Undertake the development, management and Performance Management of those staff under your line management. Provide regular line management meetings and lead staff meetings as appropriate.
- Lead professional development activities in your area.
- Be responsible for the recruitment and induction of staff in your areas of responsibility.
- Act as the link between staff and Governors on the Residential Care and Safeguarding committee.
- Lead the QA process across Care, including against the National Minimum Care Standards and SCIFF.
- Prepare the College for Ofsted Care Inspections.
- Lead the QA process for all elements of the role.
Line Management of;
- Senior Care Staff,
- School Nurse,
Strategic Lead for elements of the Strategic Implementation Plan
- Develop communication with Care staff and parents.
- Develop student voice.
- Support staff to encourage all students to spend time off site.
- Develop NCW as a Trauma Informed School.
- To lead the work on improving working patterns for Care staff.
- To share, with other members of the SLT, responsibility for ensuring the business of the College continues during evenings, weekends and holidays, including being on-call.
- To lead the College in the absence of the Principal (in rotation with the other members of the SLT.)
- Any other duties commensurate with the nature of the post and under the reasonable direction of the Principal.
Equal Opportunities Statement:
New College Worcester (NCW) is committed to becoming an equal opportunities organisation. It is committed to promoting equal opportunities and preventing discrimination. This policy applies both to service delivery and to its own employment practices. You will be willing and able to demonstrate commitment to NCW’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
NCW is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of students at the College. You are responsible for adhering to the College’s policies on Child Protection and for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people you come into contact with.
This job description will be reviewed annually and may be subject to amendment or modification at any time after consultation with the post holder. It is not a comprehensive statement of procedures and tasks but sets out the main expectations of NCW in relation to the post holder’s professional responsibilities and duties.
This document is to be read in the context of NCW Statement of Purpose, NCW Equal Opportunities Statement, and agreed policies of the NCW and the Conditions of Service as outlined in the individual employee’s contract.
How to apply
1. Download the Application Form below and save it to your computer.
2. To apply for this position you can either...