Job Title: Teacher of Computer Science and IT
Salary: MPS + SEN (min) progressing to SEN (max) once QTVI status achieved
Hours: Full time, Term Time
Closing Date: Monday 26 April 2021
Interviews: Thursday 29 April 2021
Purpose of the Job:
We welcome applications from inspirational teachers who would enjoy the challenge of developing new skills in a friendly and rewarding setting. Experience of teaching students with a vision impairment is not a requirement of the post as the college is primarily interested in appointing a talented and committed teacher who will train to become a qualified teacher of the vision impaired and be fully pro-active in learning how children and young people with a vision impairment use technology. The salary increases to the maximum SEN allowance once qualified as a teacher of the Vision Impaired (QTVI). This is a mandatory qualification and a condition of employment.
- To have responsibility for curriculum planning and development, use of resources, assessment, recording and reporting in line with college and departmental policies.
- To co-ordinate and deliver an appropriately differentiated curriculum using appropriate teaching methodology for students with a vision impairment. To use a variety of learning styles and assessment for learning and to maintain an effective learning environment within the ethos, rules and disciplinary systems of the College.
- To ensure that fully accessible teaching and learning is planned and implemented to secure the academic and social progress of students – ensuring this through the implementation of Whole College Policies.
- To assist in the development of appropriate syllabuses, fully accessible resources, schemes of work, marking policies and teaching strategies in the curriculum area.
- Within the context identified below, the post holder is required to carry out the professional duties set out in the relevant paragraphs of the “School Teachers’ Pay & Conditions Document”.
Equal Opportunities Statement:
NCW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is conditional on an enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check.
NCW is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of students at the College. You are responsible for adhering to the College’s policies on Child Protection and for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people you come into contact with.
This job description will be reviewed annually and may be subject to amendment or modification at any time after consultation with the post holder. It is not a comprehensive statement of procedures and tasks but sets out the main expectations of NCW in relation to the post holder’s professional responsibilities and duties.
This document is to be read in the context of NCW Statement of Purpose, NCW Equal Opportunities Statement, and agreed policies of the NCW and the Conditions of Service as outlined in the individual employee’s contract.
How to apply
1. Download the Application Form below and save it to your computer.
2. To apply for this position you can either...