Salary: By Negotiation + SEN (min) or SEN (max) for QTVI
We are keen to recruit the right candidate to work at NCW and are willing to consider applications for either a full time or part time appointment – 0.6 FTE and above.
Monday 27 September 2021
INTERVIEWS WILL TAKE PLACE ON:
Week beginning Monday 11 October 2021
Purpose of the Job:
Technology is life changing for young people with sight loss and we need to appoint someone with the expertise and passion for inclusive education that our students rightly deserve.
Experience of teaching students with a vision impairment is NOT a requirement of the post as the College is primarily interested in appointing a talented and committed teacher who we can train and support to learn the skills needed to teach students who access their learning via access technology and braille.
In addition to professional duties set out in the Teachers’ Pay and Conditions the post holder will:
- Plan and deliver engaging and challenging lessons using a multisensory approach suitable for students with a vision impairment.
- Ensure that learning and resources are fully accessible for students with a vision impairment.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to implement strategies identified in students’ EHCPs.
- Aim to keep abreast of developments in access technology.
- Contribute to whole College CPD in the sharing of good practice relating specifically to access technology.
- Take on the role of Form Tutor, overseeing the academic progress and pastoral support of tutees; communicating regularly with parents and care staff; overseeing and monitoring targets identified in the Annual Review and participating in the annual review.
- Actively implement and promote the College’s inclusion policies to ensure equality of opportunity for every student in order that they achieve their full potential.
- Participate in meetings with colleagues, parents and external agencies where required.
Equal Opportunities Statement:
New College Worcester (NCW) is committed to becoming an equal opportunities organisation. It is committed to promoting equal opportunities and preventing discrimination. This policy applies both to service delivery and to its own employment practices. You will be willing and able to demonstrate commitment to NCW’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
NCW is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of students at the College. You are responsible for adhering to the College’s policies on Child Protection and for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people you come into contact with.
This job description will be reviewed annually and may be subject to amendment or modification at any time after consultation with the post holder. It is not a comprehensive statement of procedures and tasks but sets out the main expectations of NCW in relation to the post holder’s professional responsibilities and duties.
This document is to be read in the context of NCW Statement of Purpose, NCW Equal Opportunities Statement, and agreed policies of the NCW and the Conditions of Service as outlined in the individual employee’s contract.
How to apply
1. Download the Application Form below and save it to your computer.
2. To apply for this position you can either...