What a wonderful event it was! Family, friends, students and staff gathered together for a the first NCW Musical Theatre Concert, staged by staff and students from Musical Theatre Club.
With the Chapel and Library set up ‘cabaret style’ the stage was set, the sparkly silver accessories were donned and the voices were warmed up ready to go.
The concert featured a host of songs across myriad musicals – from ‘Cabaret’ to ‘Shrek’ and ‘Les Misérables’ to ‘Matilda’ – with everything in between!
The progamme included:
- I’m a Believer (Shrek) – Ensemble
- Quiet (Matilda) – Natalie
- When I Grow Up (Matilda) – Lower School
- Something Good (Sound of Music) – Daniel and Lydia
- So Long, Farewell (Sound of Music) – Lower School
- When I Look at You (The Scarlet Pimpernel) – Klara
- The Worst Pies In London (Sweeney Todd) – Isy
- Waving Through a Window (Dear Evan Hansen) – Phoebe and Roman
- You Will Be Found (Dear Evan Hansen) – Upper School
- The Hippopotamus Song (Flanders and Swann) – George C
- The Madhatter (Wonderland) – Khadijah
- Maybe This Time (Cabaret) – Cody
- You’ll Be Back (Hamilton) – Samih
- We are the Champions (Queen) – Ensemble
- Rhythm of Life (Sweet Charity) – Ensemble
- One Day More (Les Miserables) – Ensemble
Performers of the day were Ellie, George W, Natalie A, Maxwell, Kacey, Roman, Len, George C, Phoebe, Khadijah and Ram from the lower school and Samih, Klara, Kaeden, Daniel, Lydia, Isy K, Rahel, Amy, Isobel H and Cody from upper school.
Supporting the students (and also singing and playing their own hearts out) were Mrs Blake, Mrs Rosoman, Mrs Moore and, of course, the inimitable MR PAINTER!
Well done to everyone concerned – what a fun way to end the half term!