SHARING PHOTOGRAPHS FROM RESIDENTIAL HOUSES VIA WHATSAPP
Guidance and Consent for Senior Students
We love sharing your photographs and news with your parents. One new way we are looking at doing that is by using a social networking app WhatsApp using NCW smart phones. As a Senior Student, you need to give consent for your information to be shared with other parents.
WhatsApp Messenger, or simply WhatsApp, is an American freeware, cross-platform messaging service owned by Facebook. It allows users to send text messages and voice messages, make voice and video calls, and share images, documents, user locations, and other media.
Using WhatsApp would allow us to quickly and easily share your news and photographs with your parents
How it works:
- The mobile phone numbers of parents/carers who wish to be part of the NCW house or hostel group will be added to the house WhatsApp group, which will be created by, and include for safeguarding and appropriate use monitoring purposes, the NCW Marketing Department phone
- On each house phone will be one large group including all parents/carers who would like to join, and a small group for each parent to include only the house phone, the parent phone and the NCW marketing phone
- Each house phone will be the responsibility of the Senior Houseparent in each lower school house and one designated sixth form key worker
- At the end of each academic year, all data including telephone numbers, groups, photographs and messages will be deleted from the NCW house phone and new groups set up for a new academic year in September
- Photographs and news will only be sent to the parents/carers of students featured in the photograph or news
Parents/carers should not save photographs of students other than their own child to their device and remove auto save to camera roll:
- Open WhatsApp
- Tap More options > Settings > Chats
- Turn off Media visibility
They will be respectful to staff and other parent users at all times
They will understand that other parents/carers will have access to their telephone numbers via WhatsApp
Parents/carers will not use the groups for messaging one another
All data will be deleted from the groups at the end of the school year. New groups will be set up at the start of a new academic year in September. You will be asked to reissue your consent.
Please read the documents below and complete the consent form.